The Director represents the Department and chairs the Council. The Executive ensures the respective resolutions are carried out. The Director is responsible for the Department’s level of research, the standard of teaching together with the so-called "third mission"; in relation to this, it can appoint its own delegate with specific tasks.
The Director appoints at least two Deputy Directors of the Department and assigns the role of Deputy Director to the Deputy Director of Teaching or to the Deputy Director of Research.
The Department Council is the Department’s planning and management body. It approves the objectives, the evaluation criteria and the three-year plan. It divides the recruitment needs into different scientific sectors and annually plans the recruitment needs for new professors, lecturers, researchers and technical-administrative staff to ensure the development of research projects and the range of courses, as well as the financial needs connected to them. It organizes and manages not only the research and teaching activities but also the teaching staff and researchers involved.
The Departmental Council is composed of:
the entire teaching body
representatives of technical-administrative staff
representatives of research fellows and postgraduate students
representatives of PhD students
The Department Board supports the Director, makes proposals and carries them through.
- Head of department: Vercellin Ermanno
- Deputy Director for Research: Fornengo Nicolao
- Deputy Director for Teaching Affairs: Chiavassa Andrea
- Representatives of Full Professors: Diaferio Antonaldo, Magnea Lorenzo, Masera Massimo
- Representatives of Associate Professors: Amapane Nicola Carlo, Billo' Marco, Spataro Stefano Giovanni
- Representatives of Researchers: Chiosso Michela, De Lillo Filippo, Regis Marco
- Representatives of the technical and administrative staff: Amoroso Antonio, Colombetti Paolo
The Commissions for Teaching and for Research are also established within the Department.